Hello gang! I’m trying a new thing this week. I’ve been doing loads of writing behind the scenes and I’m feeling quite on the top of my blogging game (have you noticed how often I’ve been posting?) so I’m going to try my hand at a bit of a regular feature. Inspired largely by Lisette’s Thankful Thursday posts, I want to keep a track of all the little things that are making me smile this week (or so – some of these are definitely from the last couple). I’m going to aim to do this every Wednesday, but don’t be surprised if it turns out to be every other Wednesday, or every sporadic couple of weeks, or even once a month. I don’t make promises I can’t keep!
Anyway, without further ado, here’s what’s been brightening up my days lately.
- Gorgeous spring/summer skies brightening up evening walks.
- Discovering Stone’s Ginger Punch, a delicious mix of ginger wine (what is that), lemon and lime, all in a can. Utterly drinkable and made me revoke my strong feelings against pre-mixed-alcohol-in-a-can.
- Being met from work for date night at Zizzi with my best boy – and their guilt-free (ish) skinny pizza
- Finishing seminars forever! And starting to get to grips with the 20 000 word dissertation that lies ahead (sorry, I am a nerd at heart)
- Country music…this one stands for every week but country is just so much better when the sun is shining, am I right?
- Treating myself to some long-coveted bright blue & orange New Balances – with 30% off. Result.
- Getting home for a little Easter break to find fig rolls and Cook carrot cake awaiting me – it’s the little things!
Tell me what you’ve been up to lately!
(PS. Can anyone tell me if my comments are working properly? If anyone’s having problems and wants to comments, let me know on twitter @bella_jolly!)