Happy Sunday everybody! To break up the Dubrovnik posts a little bit (last one coming soon) I thought I’d pop a little Highlight Reel in. Now that Mae & Rory are both finished their exams we’ve been making lots of time to play, although the weather hasn’t really been very co operative. We’ve planned a bank holiday outing tomorrow which I will of course post about but in the meantime, here’s what I’ve been up to this week!
- Surviving my first (and last) kind-of academic conference, and the 15 minute presentation & Q&A session that went with it. Is it nerdy to say that I kind of enjoyed it?
- Enjoying the free Bounce Ball I totally forgot I ordered. I tried coconut & macadamia and now I’m hooked!
- A smoothie/hot chocolate date to Coffee #1 with my best boy
- An early evening, post-presentation trip to the Impy with the English gang past and present, followed by…
- M&S 2 Dine for £10 with Mae
- Getting to read one of my favourite books, I am Charlotte Simmons, and watch Friday Night Lights – all in the name of academia!
- Spending 30 minutes on an exercise bike at work as part of a John Lewis fundraiser for Barnados…it was more fun that I imagined
- On that note, having Exeter’s a cappella group, Semi Toned, visit JL for a little performance on Saturday. I could listen to a cappella allllll day
- Catching up with my very favourite bromantic duo and feeling like I’d travelled back in time to first year
So as you can see, lots of highlights this week. I actually love writing these lists, they make what has felt like an otherwise dull week feel much more exciting. What have you all been up to this bank holiday weekend?