SO. After putting it off for a good year or so, I’ve finally taken the step into the real world and got a big girl job (technically an internship, but still). I’ve been there for a month now and so far I’m loving it. I am, however, currently homeless and owe my life to my BFFs & various family members who are lending me their beds/rooms/flats and so on, for which I am SO grateful!
Safe to say it’s been a whirlwind few weeks and I am hoping to get some real posts up soon about some of my adventures thus far, but in the meantime, here’s what’s been making the days fly by:
– Primrose Hill, the best and most aspirational people-watching spot of all (also good for a good old celeb spot and a chance to squeal over Henry Holland’s ridiculously cute pug, Peggy)
- “Quiet nights” that have inevitably turned into ridiculous escapades in Dalston and Shoreditch
- The most hysterical & perfect hungover Sunday last weekend. It was a day where everything was hilarious, and ended up with a sleepover for 4 with some of my best pals.
- Friday nights (and indeed any night) on the Southbank. It’s so convenient from work that I have had two separate friend-dates and one real-boyfriend-date in the last couple of weeks. It’s always so buzzy and there is something very cool about hanging around in the shadow of the London Eye.
- Time Out Magazine. Time Out Tuesdays are fast becoming my favourite days of the week!
- How quiet Bermondsey station always is after the madness of Waterloo or London Bridge
- Gavin Degraw, live in Kentish Town. He was GREAT.
- All the reunions. After being so far away from most of my friends for all of last year, it has been SO nice to be able to meet them for a drink after work, or catch up on the weekend. Finally my huge FOMO can be cured!
This week I’m doing the commuting thing for a while so we’ll see how that goes, but I also have a couple of fun events planned and we are beginning the flat search in earnest so I’ll do my best to keep you all updated on my life goings-ons! What have you all been up to?